Sunday, March 7, 2010

Little Bit of Heaven

The other night I got two of my favorite things...a bath and my two boys serenading me (both at the same time). They both had their guitars out (Apollo's is really Annie's play guitar Annie got for her birthday) and Apollo asked Carleton, "will you play with me Daddy." Carleton sat on the toilet and Apollo on his stool. It was fun to watch Apollo watch Carleton. He tried to place his fingers just like Carleton and do exactly what he was doing.

I've been writing down funny things Apollo says in my planner before putting them on the computer. Here's a few from the last week:

I got Annie out of bed one morning and she was crying. Apollo told her It's OK Annie, don't worry about it.

The other day Apollo pooped four times during nap time. It's funny how he always goes during nap/ bed time and will hold it forever when he's awake. Here's his order of fun...#1 play #2 go potty #3 sleep. On his first trip he said Look at my stinky poop. On the second Look at my giant poop. Don't touch it though...my giant poop. You'll get yucky on your hands. He always is telling me not to touch his poop.

He had Annie's play phone in his hand and told me Be Quiet. I'm on the phone. I don't know where he's ever heard that hehehe. He then went on to talk to the "person" about nursery and toys.

I was getting him out of the car for play group and he said You're a good girl, Mommy.

I tell him I love him and he says Thank you.

Annie has been saying Hi really big (with the same tone that we do). She's been waving and saying Bye Bye.



Carleton and I are going off sugar for a month so to celebrate tonight we made cake cookies from Annie's party. Apollo said This is Fun. Super easy...1 stick butter, 2 eggs, and a cake mix. Ball them up and cook them for about 9 minutes at 350. Spread frosting and make sandwiches.


Annie loves to feed herself. We love it too...until clean up time.


I was laughing at how different a bath with two kids can be. Annie was messy from lunch so there were floaties everywhere. The water is a lot colder (I like it steaming hot) and not as deep. Annie loves to get down into the water and kick and her little body is super slippery. We were slipping and falling. We splashed and sang songs and had fun in our goopy water. It's funny how baths were great before kids but now I treasure my baths alone...they are sacred.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Your cake and cupcakes were AMAZING! Such great memories!