Sunday, October 30, 2011

Epic Ride







Carleton has been planning this trip on the San Juan Trail with his buddies for a long time. If you look closely at the pic below, you can see the trail they went up. He's a happy dad and husband when he gets to play.

























































Pumpkin Patch

































Cavity. I told him I could be with him the whole time but because of the gas Apollo would get, I had to leave. Apollo was sad until they gave him the laughing gas. He came out of the chair super happy, chipper, and loopy. He had to get a shot too. In the car a few days later we were talking to the kids about not eating too much candy because they'll have to go back to the dentist and get their cavities filled. The whole idea backfired on us. Apollo said, "I don't care if I have to go back. I don't care. I liked getting that bump (cavity filling) in my mouth."






























Tea Party.




























Letter D this week with Annie.



























About every week, the kids choose a meal out of a "Kids meals made Healthy" book. Apollo chose cornbread and tomato soup (straws are great for this for kids) and Annie chose salsa and chips.









This is what I woke up to this morning-yummy breakfast, happy kids. Couldn't get the greatest pic but it was delish. Whole-wheat waffles, cheese, egg, and sausage. A breakfast sandwich. Thanks Carleton!





When the student becomes the teacher. Apollo and Annie are eating some "trunk or treat" candy right now. Apollo told Annie, "You don't have to eat fast. Just eat it slow and enjoy it." Where have I heard that before.

Annie really misses Carleton when he goes to work. She calls him and says..."I miss you so much...Come home...I miss you so lot." I want to cry and say the same thing. Carleton's been so busy with the yard and other things, I miss him too.

What are we doing for Halloween? After taking the kids trick-or-treating, Carleton and I are going to light the fireplace, drink hot chocolate, and read some Edgar Allan Poe.

6 comments:

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

That's so funny about Apollo's cavity! We try so hard to teach them through natural consequences, but then sometimes it just backfires!! Eli has a cavity now - at least I'm pretty sure - i haven't taken him to the dentist yet, but I'm not looking forward to getting that taken care of here!! Yummy looking food by the way!

Jodi said...

I love, LOVE the dentist story. Kids are smart.

Rachael said...

I love that quote. Is it truly from Thomas More? I'm a huge More fan. I think I need to post that somewhere big where I can read it daily. Thank you.

Rachael said...

So after 20 seconds of research, I realized the Thomas Moore you quoted is NOT the Thomas More I had in mind (the Man for All Seasons More) - plus the spelling was completely different - I should have noticed.

Regardless - loved it and I hope you don't mind if I post it to my site.

Tara said...

Fun times! I love this post about ordinary life! That's hilarious about the cativity! Smart kid!

Kami said...

Annie! Your kids are so cute and are getting so big! Love the idea of letting them choose a meal each week. So fun! You're such a good mom. Miss you! Hope all is well with you!