Sunday, October 16, 2011

Go Team Elephants!

We've had fun with some Halloween projects at our house. I'm posting on my growmegrowyou blog today about some of the projects we've been working on if you want to check it out. Ann always likes joining in the preschool fun-this week's theme was Halloween.







Apollo's last game is tomorrow. Apollo and another kid head-butted last game so he came out for a while. He had fun playing with his buddy Deacon. Apollo got in and scored goals (even if one was for the other team) and worked hard.







Here's Carleton very late last night after being up since 5:30 am when he finally finished laying the grass. It looks so so beautiful! He got on the scale last night and lost 8 pounds in one day. He has been working like crazy every night for weeks. We are so thankful for all who helped.



Carleton and I were invited by our Muslim neighbors to go to their open Mosque today. They had booths and friendly people to explain things. Carleton and I like learning and were glad for the opportunity. I was surprised to learn that they look at Jesus Christ as a prophet and messenger and they believe that he will come again in a final judgement. One man talked about how 99.9% of Muslims are peaceful but sometimes the actions of a few can give them a bad rap. I talked about our religion and how some people judge us as well, just because of some sects of people that do not belong to our church. I also got to learn about how highly they regard women and why they wear what they wear. Cool experience. It reminds me of the quote from Maya Angelou, "We are more alike than we are unalike."

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Robyn you have so many cute ideas!!! I love the pumpkins and Annie's expression in the first picture on your other blog.