Monday, February 6, 2012


You is Smart.  You is Kind.  You is Important. 
 -The Help


 I wonder with each child if I'm doing the right thing.  My sister sent me some flowers with this quote (above).  I guess when it really comes down to it, as long as my children know that I love them, everything will turn out okay.  Being sleep deprived and adjusting to a bigger family is a big change.  I am very thankful for prayer.  Sometimes I pray just to know what to do next, and my prayers have been answered.  I am very thankful for my sister, who has helped me to put things into perspective.  I've had family here for 7 weeks.  I don't know what I would have done without all the help that our family has received.

My friend, Suzana, took these newborn pictures.  She is so talented!!!!  It was a crazy time with Parks pooping and peeing a million times on everything as we were trying to take the pictures.  He changes from day to day.  He is a peaceful and happy baby and he is very very adored by Apollo and Annie.







































































































We took Apollo's training wheels off and he did awesome.  He declared "I never want to put my training wheels back on again."  Annie is her sweet self and has been telling us stories about "about a little girl named Annie and a boy named Apollo" and names the rest of the family.

6 comments:

Jacqui said...

So beautiful. You look amazing and in love with your babies. Absolutely precious.

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Wow! Those pictures ARE amazing!! You are a great mom, and just the fact that you care so much about whether you are doing all the right things or not shows how great you are. You aren't going to be perfect, but if you care and do the best you can and continually seek to improve then you have succeeded. You need to trust in yourself as the mom, and do what you feel is best, whether others agree with you or not. I love reading books and getting input from people, but in the end, your child is unique and you are the one who gets to choose what is best. My styles with Jacob and Eli were completely different: Jacob I was much more follow the books, and with Eli I was much more relaxed, broke so many "rules" and loved the results. If I get to do it again I will probably go with the relaxed way. It wasn't always easy, but in the end I was a much happier mom and I feel like my focus was much more on our relationship and less on structure. Just do what you feel is right and don't worry so much about whether it's the "right" way to do things. Just make it the "right" thing for you. Wow, I didn't mean to go off so much! Good luck - you have been an awesome mom, you are an awesome mom, and you will always be an awesome mom. I don't doubt it - neither should you! (BTW Happy Birthday Carleton!)

Ali said...

Congratulations! You look awesome--so beautiful. I love those pictures of baby Parks. What a doll. You are so blessed. Three is a fun and hard number of babies! :) Love you.

Jodi said...

Robyn, I love the pictures!!!! You look amazing. You are a wonderful mother and a great example for me. Love you.

Tara said...

So precious!! And you look beautiful, Robyn!! What a wonderful family you have and a wonderful mother you are!! Three is a little more crazy, huh? But you are amazing and doing a great job!

Rachael said...

Oh! I am so behind here. Congratulations!! The pictures are amazing! So many good ones there. And I love that quote from The Help - I always start crying thinking about - like if there's just one thing I can leave with my kids, it's that.

We are so happy for you guys! So glad everything went well with the delivery and arrival. Good luck in the coming weeks.