Sunday, May 6, 2012

Garth. Me. BFFs.


We've been busy.  We went to Vegas for the weekend to see the Garth Brooks concert-so so hard to get into-never thought it would happen.  Josh and Carleton surprised Heidi and me with tickets at Christmas.  We visited with Eve's family while we were there (love them!).  The concert was amazing!!!  At the beginning of the concert, we were cheering and Garth Brooks, looked up, and waved at me...and I waved back.  Such an amazing concert...Thank you Carleton!!  

We did some rock climbing while in Vegas.  It's always an adventure nursing on our adventures.  We were in a canyon with a lot of people and I was trying to balance on a rock and cover up at the same time.  Carleton drove home and I drove to Heidi's house.  I got to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Skenandore.  They loooooved Parks.  Parks chilled right down in Grandpa's arms as they rocked together.  Grandma was so cute with him too.  I was so sad to leave them...I wished we lived closer.  I have always been very very close to them and it's hard to live so far away.  I miss them.

We spent the Easter weekend in Moab...same old absolutely incredible time.  I drove to Moab by myself and drove an extra 80 miles (got lost) and was done before I got there.  Was glad to make it there.  We rock climbed, watched jeeps go up the hill and watched the crazy people watching those jeeps, ate yummy smores, listened to guitar music by the fire, and hung out with the fam.

My sister ran a marathon 5 months pregnant!!  She's an amazing example to me.  She also graduated from college right before delivering her third child.  She is my example of continuing to live an adventurous amazing life, even with kids.  I read on a facebook post that mothers don't get out of their comfort zones (compared with working women).  That is true for some moms but it doesn't have to be true...we can continue to learn, grow, think, get outside our comfort zones...it's probably a good idea so we can model this for our children.


 Parks is one lucky guy. 







 We were Colton Dixon fans on American Idol this year.



 Rock climbing in Vegas.  The kids love playing cars together-they talk to each other, have babies, go to the doctor etc.  Their play mimics what's going on in our life-funny.


 







 Decorating Easter baskets at Heidi's.











 Heidi's kids loved Parks.  He was crying (he does that sometimes as he goes to sleep) and I walked in to find Grace rubbing his head with Marsh and Apollo reading to him (both holding the book together).  Parks was treated like a king. 








 Moab.






 Apollo climbed up the whole cliff...to the top!!  He loooooved it.










 Here's our smores this year-we put them in cones and wrapped them in tinfoil (check out my creative blog for more).







 We had a fun Hunger Games Party.  We went to the movie and came back to our house afterwards.  Everyone brought creative foods that followed the Hunger games theme.  We had food labels, posters, signs...so fun.





 Here's our Katniss (pregnant at the time).






 We had a fun preschool fieldtrip to SeaWorld.










Parks is the most amazing baby.  So happy.  Everyone always comments on how good he is and how they never hear him cry.  He's so smiley.  He's grabbing at his toys, laughing, and trying very hard to roll over.  That chubby tummy doesn't make it easy.  Our three month old is in six month old clothes.  He's in the 93% for weight and 81% for height.  With as big as he is, I can't believe Apollo was bigger?!  When we see other babies his age, he always looks like he could eat them up.  Parks and I had our first mommy and me singing/story class at the library together while Annie went to her first "big girl" (3 yr old) class with Apollo.  We are all enjoying this guy immensely.  Apollo and Annie are always talking to him and loving him.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I love Parks little bow tie in those last few pictures. I also love to see him all swaddled up and his chubby little cheeks, brings back memories.

Rachael said...

Looks like such a fun Hunger Games party.

What an interesting thought you mentioned on FB - that stay-at-home mothers don't ever get out of their comfort zone... Thinking that one over... I'd have to say so absolutely NOT true. I'd say I leave that safe, happy zone EVERY time I reach a new stage with EVERY one of my children - because even though you've been through it before - it's a whole new ballgame with each one :) Lucky us...