Sunday, February 22, 2009

Anticipating Annie

Last night I talked to my friend Kristen, who is a labor and delivery nurse, about the nightmarish delivery and recovery I had with Apollo (9.5 pounds). She explained some things that happened that I didn't quite understand (things that lead to the blood transfusion). Just thinking about it again made me scared but like she said Apollo "paved the way" so hopefully this time will be better. I think going through pain and all that we do during pregnancy, the delivery, and afterward is to help us be even more grateful for our little ones and our health when we have it.

We are soooooo excited to finally meet our little Annie. She is a little wild one and kicks All the time. When we ask Apollo where Annie is, he points to his tummy and says "Annie". He gives my tummy kisses and will pat it. He is such a lovable little guy and I think he'll be very sweet to his little sister.

This week has been so fun-it really has been anticipating Annie week. Megan Adcock threw me a beautiful shower-so sweet of her. It was so special to have everyone celebrate such an occasion-I had so much fun and have still not come off of the high. Nothing gets you more excited to have a girl than girly things. I had so much fun going through everything. She'll be spoiled.












Before the shower, I got a final manicure and pedicure all done in pink. PURE HEAVEN. Carleton is so good with Apollo and has had a lot of bonding time with him lately.




Brenley taught me how to make hair clips and Julianne showed us how to make bows. I had a blast and could have stayed there all night making such cute things. We'll have to get together again when Annie is up to it.




Carol took me out for a final girl's day out. We ate the most delicious food and looked in all the cute shops. It was in San Juan Capistrano by the train station. They had old homes that had been converted into restaurants and shops. Thank you so much Carol. I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt-you are so fun!

4 comments:

melbel said...

Whoa, I never heard your story about Apollo's birth! Glad everything ended up okay.

I think all moms-to-be deserve a pedicure right before the baby's born. Glad you made sure you got one!

Can't wait to see pics of baby Annie!

Ali said...

Wow, are you really due in just one day?! I'm sad that I missed your shower. I have something for you...but I still need to "make" it, and get it to you so it will most likely be after Evan's surgery. I'm sorry! It's good to see your shower pictures and know that you were spoiled- you deserve nothing less than that! :)

Lacey said...

How fun Robyn! Annie may already be here as I am writing this. I hope everything went well. Please still let me know if you guys need anything when you get home!

Tara said...

Have you had her yet?

My first was such a nightmare too but I figured it couldn't get any worse. When I had Dallas (my second) I kept saying "this is too easy". Even though he was a pound and a half bigger, his delivery was so great! I think that's pretty normal and I hope this time is/was better for you!