Sunday, June 14, 2009

Welcome Copas!

We just moved in and took Apollo to the nursery at our church for the first time. I was holding a sleeping Annie, when a lady came in to tell me Apollo had a blowout. Luckily someone asked to hold Annie. Apollo was wearing an all white outfit (a cute one we got in Mexico) and it had poop on the shorts. I didn't want to go to the other end of the church to the mother's lounge to change him so I laid him down on the sink counter while searching for my wipes. I had left them home because I had changed Annie just before leaving. I moved him to the bathroom floor (until I heard someone coming and didn't want them to think I was gross, so I stood him up. I used the toilet paper best I could (but it was all stuck to his butt). We went back out to the sink where I wet paper towels to wipe him off more. I don't think you're supposed to leave dirty diapers in the church trash but I didn't have a plastic bag. So, I covered it with paper towels and put it in anyway. One of the nursery leaders came in. I was thinking, "should I go home...should I take him back with me...leave him in a diaper???" I told her I didn't bring other pants (usually it's Annie I have to worry about, not Apollo). She came in and said she didn't want him to miss snack time, picked him up (with just a diaper bottom), and took him back. What a sweet lady. When I went to get him, out came all the little cuties, and Apollo with his diaper. Welcome to the ward, Copas:)

Here are some pics from the week:

I'm training 'em young.



He doesn't work for free.



The new library books just came in.


We had our friends, Katie and Aileen, over.

Project Night. Lindsay has great ideas. Here's the little hair clip I made. I'll post a tutorial of how to make it on my grow me. grow you. blog. Here's a pic of her little cutie.

3 comments:

Ali said...

What a nightmare! Next time, just ask any mom holding a baby if you can borrow some wipes! :) I have had to borrow diapers and wipes on multiple occasions because I am so absent minded!

So, I have an appt. with the perinatologist Wed. (tomorrow). Depending on how my placenta and uterus look, I may be delivering this week--as in, Thursday? If it's not good news, it'll be sooner than later. If it is good news, maybe not until next week. So I have to wait until tomorrow to figure out my schedule... if it's not until next week, maybe we could meet up at Newport beach for a bit or something? Are you still pretty close to it? How's your new place?

By the way, I love your other site. Great ideas. I also found this blog

http://littlehandsbigwork.blogspot.com/

It has a lot of good ideas for little growing toddlers--inexpensive ways to keep them entertained and learning. Just thought I'd share.

I'll let you know tomorrow what the dr. says.

Megan said...

What a way to enter a new ward!!

Annie's smile is precious!! She's getting so big!

Michelle C said...

That's way too funny. Everyone has to have a story like that right?! Oh Sundays! Worst day of the week for a young mother! Well, at least for me!