Sunday, August 23, 2009

Family Fun

We were in the car the other day when this happened:

Apollo: Mom

Mom: What

Apollo: Mom

Mom: What (this happens all the time and continues for awhile)

Apollo: Mom

Mom: Apollo, when somebody says your name, that means they want to tell you something.

Apollo: Mom

Mom: What

Apollo: Mom

Mom: What

Apollo: Something


It was nice not to have set plans this weekend. Instead, we made a list of a bunch of things we want to do and checked them off as we went. This weekend we ran, visited the library (they have a short fountain outside that Apollo would fill up a watering toy or spray bottle and get himself and everything wet), got some workout clothes at REI, and went to a fun park. We still have rollerblading, taking a train, and making some home videos.





Heavy load. I swear Annie has gained some chubs since we started her on rice cereal. Each thigh has 5 rolls. She'll probably love this blog entry in a few years. We love our healthy kids.



We bought a little car kit for Apollo.




Apollo couldn't take his eyes off Jill all night and wanted to sit by her.



Apollo's first official bubble bath.



Every Friday I get together with friends to work on crafts while the kids play together at our church's nursery.



I've been crocheting a lot lately and Apollo wanted to play with my stuff so I found some yarn and another crochet hook. He of course has to sit right by me.



Here's the shapes we made last week (put them on the other blog). I am the song leader for nursery. Last week the kids picked a shape and we sang the song that went with them.

7 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Your kids are so gorgeous! (not surprisingly) I love that conversation with Apollo. I am cracking up every day at the things Audrey says. Fun stage!

melbel said...

I love your conversation...that is hilarious! What a joyful little family you have. And I'm glad you're in a few shots. You look so good.

Marlon and Suzana said...

That car kit looks like a great idea! Love all the posts :)

Michelle C said...

That's too funny. Your kids are so stinkin' cute! I hope you're still planning on stopping by, we'd love to see you. Maybe you'll let me take some pics of your kids. :) Love the header with the footprints. So cute!

Megan said...

You guys are always doing such fun things as a family! I really love how busy you stay with enjoyable things for the whole family! The kids are adorable!! And growing so much!

p.s. i am the song leader too...we'll have to swap ideas!!

Jodi said...

OK are you going to get sick of me always saying how cute your kids are in my comments, well they are. And HELLO your header looks awesome, you did it!!! What a fun idea.

Tara said...

your conversation with Apollo sounds so familiar! My boys have both done the same thing! You have such great ideas!!