Sunday, August 16, 2009

Working out with Kids

Working out with kids definitely takes a lot of creativity. When Apollo was little, I would use him as my weight. It was great because my weight increased gradually. We would do squats, arm lifts etc. Now I run 5 days a week with my loyal running partners. We do all our speed workouts and long runs together.




Three days a week I get together with friends from my church. I run beforehand and meet them at the park. We work out with bands while the kids play.




On the days I don't go to the park, we (I run while the little guys enjoy the ride) run together and then I do P90X videos. Here's Apollo doing it with me. It's funny to see him trying to do the moves.



This is what some of our workouts look like. Apollo crawling on me and becomes extra weight.




This week we went with some pals to the Mud Park. This is Apollo having a blast going down the slide.




This is me having a blast with Annie in the baby carrier trying to help a crying Apollo. A lady took these pics for me because she said it looked like I wanted some pics but couldn't do 3 things at once. Usually he loves slides. Not this one. Sarah was at the top and almost had to go with him.



They had a "building area" that the kids could get wood, hammers, and nails. They had tree houses where the kids could build on to what was there.



With all the cool things-rafts, ropes etc. Apollo's favorite was snack time, the sand box, and chasing after bubbles a girl was making.






Monday night dance party.


Tuesday play date.




Lindsay made this cute skirt for Annie. She pooped on it right after these pics. Good thing the poop matches the skirt-no noticeable stain.


Both kids are sick with colds and fevers. We might not be going out as much this week.

3 comments:

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Looks like life is fun as usual for the Copas! Hope the kids feel better.

melbel said...

Wow, you guys are BUSY! But that's good how active you are...are you training for something with all that running? I'm a wannabe runner, but I'm not anywhere near the 5 days-per-week-running-with-two-kids point. :) Good job!

Tara said...

You're so great about working out and making creative solutions- you were the same on our mission!