Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth

This week has been busy and fun. I've been decorating the house for Halloween and getting ready to celebrate Apollo's birthday. Carleton played racquetball and had other plans so with our house full of decorations that hadn't been organized and a house that needed cleaning. So... what did we do? We had a dance party! We all ran around the house like crazy people and pumped up the music. Here we were all jumping on our bed.

Disneyland. Ziggy was with me for the first part and Carleton joined me for the end. But for a few hours I had both kids by myself. I have some fun stories about how I handled both of them and how fun it was to try to nurse Annie while having an active 23 month old as well. Here's Apollo chillin' in Toon Town.

"Cheese"




Apollo had a blast at his friends' birthday bash.


Here's Apollo's art project for the week:



Another great climbing day at Point Dume. It's a beautiful cliff right off the water on the beach. It's always fun hanging out with Carol, and it was fun to see Nick and Jordan again.



I'm so excited for Halloween. Here are some of the new decorations I've been putting together. I'll be posting them this week on my other blog.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Rob! I can't believe you guys hiked down with the kids. So brave. I'm glad they did ok. It looks gorgeous down there. Scott and I have been trying to go there for awhile. i've never been. Anyway, looks like fun! Even with the kids. Glad you got to fly out. That was probably a relief.

Your halloween decorations are so cute.

Brave to go to DL by yourself, even for a little bit. That's when I lost Jake on the elevator--scary! I can imagine the adventure. I had a lot of people help me, especially getting on and off the tram with a honkin' stroller.

Jenn said...

okay, you guys are TOO COOL!! I seriously look up to so much! You are still doing the things you WANT to be doing that I am too afraid to do with kids! I can't believe you went to Havasu WITH kids! That is my favorite place on earth. You've given me hope that I will be able to go before I'm 60 and my kids are GONE.
And...I love your decorations. AND, I think you are such an amazing mom for always doing creative things with your kids. Good job.

Jenn said...

oh, yeah, and I love all the shirts you made

Unknown said...

Hey, your kids are "bedorable" as Jayson would say...they're so sweet to each other! Congrats on a really cute family.