Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a fun Thanksgiving with Carleton's parents and brother. We had a great time playing and eating. Thanksgiving morning we ran a 5k with the kids in their stroller.


Apollo ran a turkey kid race before the 5k started. He started out great, but then I ended up carrying him for the end. Maybe next year he'll get the concept a little better.




The 5k was the prettiest race I've been in with the ocean on one side and trees lining the trail.












Apollo loved playing with Grandma and Grandpa's blocks and a bunch of toys that belonged to Heidi's grandma.





Apollo's doing great going potty. He likes his privacy during #2 times. He points to the door and tells us to "leave" so he can grunt in private.



We love the CA winter weather.



Our little Annie has been sick with a fever for a few days now. We took her to the doc and she's now on meds for an ear infection. It's sad to see her so chill. I want my little energetic and happy girl back. She went from being in the 75% overall to being in the 25% for weight and height. They said we need to watch her because she's had a consistent growth curve and took a dive at 9 months. Apollo was always near the 100% overall so we didn't ever have to worry about him. We'll have to beef up her eating. At 18, she'll probably want to be on the lower end:) I took some pics of her just laying on the diapers but my little sickie still smiled.





Go to growyougrowme.blogspot.com to see the free gift tags you can download.

7 comments:

Jody said...

I just love seeing pictures of your cute family. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. So fun that you guys are continuing to run as a family, and oh how I would love that weather!

Tukuafu's said...

Ah.. poor Annie Lou!! Those dang ear infections! You look amaZing! I think I need to spend some time in the California Winter :)

Ali said...

Was this the 5k in Dana point? It looks gorgeous. I really wanted to run that this year...but was afraid of the crowds for Evan. Maybe next year?! Gorgeous family picture, by the way- and yeah for potty training!! I hope Annie feels better soon :/

Jacqui said...

Annie is such a sweetie! hope she feels better soon. Did she quit nursing? That may be why she took a dive on the charts. A couple of my kids did, too, around that age when they weaned themselves. BTW, you look GREAT! So impressed! You're doing much better than me, and my baby is Apollo's age!! What a lovely race, too. I love all the brown eyes in your family picture. So warm and inviting!

Jodi said...

I love that family picture by the lemon tree. What a beautiful family you have.

melbel said...

How do you run all these 5K's? Have you always been a runner? I'm getting there...someday.

I think I may have to use those little tag idea. You have the best crafts!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I love the family picture you guys took - it's beautiful!! I also love that picture of sick Annie laying on the diapers - she just looks so precious! Jacob got sick just after he turned 1 years old and he also took a huge dive in his weight. He never went back up to his original 95th percentile, but he did go back up to about 75th. I'm sure Annie will gain back a healthy amount once she gets better. Hopefully that's soon!!