Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Week of Play

Apollo had his little play group buddies over this week for their first play date. They had so much fun together. We painted, made bracelets, and colored with chalk. They reminded me of fish. When one turns, they all follow. One would say "mmmm" when eating snacks and just after, there was a whole group doing the same thing.








We have great neighbors. We had some fun rounds of Dominos and Rummikub. The three of them will probably want to have a rematch since I won both games hehehe.



Carleton took us on an incredible bike ride yesterday (we put the kids in the bike trailer). It's hard to believe there are places this amazing right by our house. Afterward, we took the kids to a park.







It was fun for me to join Carleton and his coworkers/friends for lunch.




I have been having chest pain when I run so I went to the doctor to get everything checked out. They ran a couple of tests and everything looks fine. I was bummed to miss a week of running (I've been training for a half marathon). I couldn't even workout with my girls this week. Everything looks great and I'm cleared to keep running. I am addicted to exercise and am glad to get back to my addiction this week. I usually eat breakfast right before I run and then go straight to my workouts (my doc. said this is a bad idea) so I'm going to try eating a little later and see if this changes anything.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Your doc said it's a bad idea to eat right before you run because...it might be giving you the chest pains? (from indigestion?) What did he say about it? Glad all i a-okay.

We are so jealous of your California weather.

Jaclyn Brown said...

I love the pictures of the playdate! Halley had a great time! I am so glad you put this group together, it is so much fun for her (and me)!