Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Here are our highlights from our trip to Albuquerque, NM (my parents), in no particular order:
1. yummy food
2. shopping at cool old stores with Mom and Heidi
3. biking with the boys (this is Carleton)


4. Date night while Mom and Dad took care of all the kids. We went rock climbing at the gym and out to eat.
5. Christmas Day




6. Hiking to Tent Rocks


7. Crafting
8. Looking through Santa Fe galleries




9. Santa and Mrs. Claus coming


10. Football (this is Carleton)-playing and watching

11. Hearing about Heidi, Josh, and Maddy's trip. They went to Mexico to deliver clothing and food to the poor right before Christmas. They had some amazing experiences. When my dad asked what she learned from the trip, Maddy (my niece-6yrs old) said "a little Spanish." Funny.

12. Watching kids play with the family.
















Carleton took a pic of Apollo's cool hairdo. My dad had brushed it. He did the same thing to me and Heidi when we were little and had long hair-hehe.




Annie loved to play in the presents.




Downers from the trip:

1. There is a beautiful Christmas Eve walk through the galleries with music and lights. Josh brought his guitar and had crowds of people watching. We missed it. We took this one pic on our way out. Apollo had some bum probs. I spent a long time in the bathroom with him and all our layers of clothing trying to help him out. He had to stay away from Santa that night so Santa could deliver all the toys to all the kids that night.



2. The drive from HELL. The drive to NM was great. We left right after Carleton's work party and drove through the night. It went by fast. The way home was a different story. Apollo was sick over Christmas break with stuff coming out of both ends. Annie threw up the night before we left and woke up with a soaking bottom. She threw up hard the whole 12 hour trip home. Apollo said he didn't have to go to the bathroom when we stopped to eat breakfast, but as soon as we were on the freeway said he had to go but did not produce when we pulled over. Sick baby+newly potty trained bigger baby=nightmare. It was our #1 worst drive. We had to constantly change Annie's clothes and I tried to nurse her more often (I called the nurse and that's what she said to do) so she could maybe hold some down with less milk. More nursing-more barfing. I went pee on the side of the road when we had to stop so we wouldn't have to make an extra stop for me-maybe I had too many New Year's toasts. I cried along with Annie. There is nothing more stressful than a sick baby. It scared me to see her throwing up that much. By the end both babies and parents were done. We left in darkness and came home to darkness. It was good to finally be home. Apollo said, "My bed! My blanket! My pillow!" Both kids had a great night's sleep. Annie is on her third day and is now eating real food and is holding it down. Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Brandon and Hayley Gordon said...

Hey! apparently I am a complete moron. I just got your christmas card sent back to me in the mail yesterday. I guess I have an old address???:) would you email me your new one...i threw out your envelope :) then i can send you our card...just extremely late! ginagirl501@yahoo.com
luv
Hayley

Brandon and Hayley Gordon said...

p.s. Your little Annie is a DOLL!

Smittys said...

Oh Man that sounds crazy. Sorry that you had such a bad trip home. I hate having sick kids.At least you are home and everyone was safe. Hope to see you soon!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

LOVE all the pictures - looks like so much fun!! Sounds like quite the adventure getting back home - I'm sure I'd be crying too!

Josh and Heidi Balling said...

Going through your blog and all your Christmas photos we got from you-there sure were A LOT of little Annie. It's funny how when a cute little baby comes around the older one isn't so cute and doesn't get all the photo opps. It was fun being together over the break, we love you guys!

Rachael said...

Oh gosh! I'm so sorry about the trip back - sounds awful. I've never had a newborn (well, under 1yr of age) throw-up and I can imagine how scary that would be.

Aside from that, the pictures look amazing and so much fun! Esp the hike to the tent rocks - looks awesome!