Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Week

Mom and Dad came for a fun visit (Apollo is closing his eyes and smiling in the sun-funny picture). The weather was beautiful. It would be so fun to have them closer.







All of us got to hang out with some buddies.

Okay, last week I said I couldn't be happier in our house. I hadn't done the laundry in two weeks (Carleton and I switch every week). After doing it on Monday, I thought back to the blog post I had just done the night before about loving the place I live. Life would be better with a washer and a dryer. Next time you throw a load in here or there in your washer...be thankful. It takes me all day. This last time I left Annie locked in the house sleeping while Apollo and I left on bikes (I had the trailer behind to carry all the laundry). I thought of The Lovely Bones and of some of the "interesting" single guys in my complex. Annie was taking 2 2hr naps and sleeping 12 hours at night. Not a lot of time to fit doing laundry in there while she's awake. Apollo gets stuck in holes on his bike. We had too much laundry (only three in a building) so we had to go to another building for the fourth load. We have to carry our money, bleach, soap, dryer sheets, and clothes with us. Then, I need to monitor the time so I don't leave them in too long. Apollo puts in the quarters and helps change out the laundry sometimes. I feel like it takes me all day. I hope I look back at this post and laugh at this distant memory as I throw a load in here or there when I have a sec:)

5 comments:

The Ericksons said...

I feel your pain. Chad does it because it is just too hard to find time and to do it with kids. I have left Paige locked in the house too and then I feel so bad about it. I use my cell phone as a monitor though with the land line. But I am glad Chad does it most of the time!

Shaina said...

I can totally sympathize!!! My comfort is at least we don't have to do laundry by hand or in a creek like the OLD days... although at times that does seem like it would be easier, not to mention cheaper!

melbel said...

Ugh! So sorry for you! It's hard enough for me to do laundry and not leave it in the dryer for days, let alone trek it all around for all the loads. (I love that you switch who's turn it is every week...I may have to instigate that at my own house! :).

Hope you have fun on your trip! Yes, us mommies need that time and you do always come home refreshed and more dedicated.

Kyle/Michelle said...

Robyn! Holy cow it's been FOREVER! So glad you found my blog and left a comment so that I could look at your blog. And your parents live in ALbuquerque too? That's crazy! So good to see you and your cute family.
-Michelle

Ali said...

I am so grateful for a washer and dryer. I have been there and do not miss it one bit. (Laundry)

You are such a fun mom. I love all the ideas. Did you love the Lion King? It's awesome.