Monday, February 22, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

Thanks to a super husband that built forts, dressed the kids cute for church, went bike riding, and played with the kids, I had a perfect weekend of bliss. Apollo was being kind of pouty this morning and then Carleton realized it was right when he had told him he had to go to work this morning that it began. Carleton asked if he was sad because he had to go to work and Apollo replied with a little cry, "yes". When we got ready to go to the park this morning, he said he wanted to stay with dad. They must have had a fun weekend. On Saturday, Carleton got together with a buddy that has a little girl and they all went to the park to play together then went to eat at In and Out. He could be a great full time dad and I could go back to work...no thanks!!


Every year I get together with the teachers I taught with at Hillcrest High. I love being around educators. It brought back great memories and it was fun to see all the things they've been up too...new jobs, making headbands, coaching, marathons, babies, marriages, and dating. We saw Lion King in Vegas-beautiful. I'm still training for my half, so I ran 9 miles on the Excalibur treadmill before meeting up with my pals (I saw Tiger's confession a million times). Thank goodness for good weather here. So nice to get a pedicure after a hard run. I'm already looking forward to next year. I'm a happy mother when I get to shed being a mom for a few days and visit my old non-mom self. I love being a mom and am having a terrific day playing hide and seek and looking up animals from flashcards on you-tube today but having the breaks makes me a better mommy and wife. I am lucky to have Carleton-he's so good to me and for me.



The day I left, I visited my old roommate, Heidi and my friend from Provo, Eve. So fun to see their cute families and houses and to catch up.


Here's some pics from our playgroup this week. Annie was the messiest of all the kids dumping out all the colored puddings, eating them, and spreading them everywhere with her army crawl (not to mention crawling through the chalk art the kids had done earlier).



Annie is a total book lover. She will go flip through the books looking at the pics. We started a quiet time at nights that I love. We all read our own books (from 7-7:30 after Ann goes to bed). Apollo likes looking at his books and I get a chance to indulge too.


Carol came over this week for a practice run of Annie's birthday party cakes. Carol, if you're reading this... I love you!!! Thank you! Carol even brought fondant and we experimented. Look at this cake Carol did!

We're looking forward to seeing Carleton's family this week and to celebrating a beautiful year with our little Ann.

7 comments:

Jess said...

Love the update! Love the pics! You're a great friend. I loved seeing you. :)

Jodi said...

Looks like so much fun!!! I'm totally jealous :) Love the cake.

Jody said...

Oh so fun to have a girls weekend! I miss our little outings with our Vivante girls. I can't believe Annie will be one...love the cake by the way.

Ali said...

You are training for a half? How did I miss this? Which one, and when is it? If you are already at 9 miles, I'm sure it's soon. I need to find a less-crowded good one around here to prepare for, if you know of any, tip me off!

I got Annies invite, so sweet. Happy Celebrating!!

Jenn said...

That looks like such a fun trip to Las Vegas and a good way to just relax for a few days with old friends.
And, like always, I'm so impressed with your ability to just chill out as a mom and let your kids be kids! You inspire me to just let my hair down a bit and let the boys make a major mess!

Rachael said...

Holy amazing cake! Yes - it looks awesome and delicious!

I have to comment on just the first sentence and Carleton with the kids. The fact that the kids looked cute for church - he gets major kuddos for that alone. I can't let Greg dress Pretty Girl for church - not unless I pick out the clothes. And he's quite clueless on hair. I really sympathize - it's not his talent. But I really admire Carleton for getting it right while you were gone :)

melbel said...

Yay for girls' weekends! And it's fun to go when you know that your kids are well taken care of and will hardly miss you, right? Yay!