Monday, March 29, 2010

Good Times

It took a couple of days after pulling an all nighter drive to get out of the fog of sleep but we had a fun busy/week. I put Annie in her playpen because she was crying and I needed to talk on the phone. I came back in and Apollo was sitting in there with her-singing the ABCs to her. He said "I sing to her." I had a couple of rough days this week and was crying and complaining to Carleton in the car. The kids just sat and listened for a long time, then I hear this cute little voice "A...B...C" trying to make mom feel better. It broke/melted my heart. I told Apollo it's alright to cry and be sad sometimes. Even though I loooove loooove being a full time mom, sometimes I feel a lot of pressure. Being a teacher ended at 3 every day and then I had my time to work out, chill, play, what ever. Workouts, me time, girl time, Carleton time, fun activities with the kids, meals, cleaning, working, all have to be planned around and with 2 kids. I love it and most of the time I am so thankful this incredible opportunity. But, there are hard days and I realized that it's ok this last week to feel frustrated or sad sometimes. I had a hard day every once in a while before kids too. Ya, it's a good time to reevaluate and see how I can change things, but sometimes it's ok not to feel perfectly happy.

Here's a recap of the week:

Annie's busy busy. Pulling out clothes, books, and breaking a vase on our neighbors porch.


We tried some recipes out of Paula Deans My First Cookbook.


We had playgroup at our house this week. Since there were only boys this week, I dyed the muffins blue and they boys went to town decorating and eating.



We're refinishing a bookshelf in Apollo's room.

Easter Egg Hunt.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I love your honestly. It's HARD to be a Mom, and that's why its so rewarding. I have many days like the one you described. Keep up the good work Robyn. You are a great mom and person.

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Cute kids!! I can't believe how grown up Annie looks! Being a mom is definitely harder than I ever expected, and I can feel your pain, but those moments of downheartedness don't last - they are just fleeting emotions I think all mom's go through! You're great!

Jody said...

I could use one of our girl's nights about now. It's nice to have a good cry once in awhile and get it all out. Hope things are looking up.