Sunday, March 21, 2010

Family Fun in Moab

We ran our half marathon we've been training for-Carleton, Heidi, Justin, and me. The race was in Moab-beautiful. I really enjoy races, not necessarily the training part, but I like race day. There were 5,000 runners this year. It's a beautiful thing to see people that enjoy what their bodies can do. It was one of my favorite races. I took some ibuprofen and listened to my book on tape.



Heidi's family, Justin, and my parents were there. We did some jeeping on some very scary rock trails. I was in this jeep-freaky but fun.





This is how excited the kids got in the back of one of the jeeps.





Mom and Dad put together an Easter candy hunt at the park.








Carleton, Josh, and Justin went snow camping in UT the night before we went to Moab. They had fun on their snowmobiles-adrenaline junkies.





We drove all night last night (10 1/2 hours) and got here at 6 am. I am the primary and nursery music person. I was making so many mistakes right and left. I wonder how nurses working the night shift don't make a million mistakes.

5 comments:

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I love that picture of the kids on the swing - the colors just blend so well together - it looks professional!

Jody said...

What a fun weekend. Good job on the half-marathon! So fun that you and Heidi are close enough to do things together.

Jodi said...

Good job on the marathon! I can't believe you were blogging with no sleep. Your trip looks like it was fun.

Tony said...

Looks like a good time, reminds of my boys when they were young..sleeping in the crawler, having to hold their necks through obstacles. Good stuff!

Michelle C said...

That is freakin' nuts. Carleton is nuts. Sometimes I'm glad you're too far away for him to get Brian in trouble! JK. Looks like you've been having good times. I haven't forgotten about the book either. Just starting to feel better. Don't hate me. :)