Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mom's Day


It doesn't get any better than this. I kept saying that as I rollerbladed on the beach yesterday with my handsome man and kids. It really felt like we had gone on vacation to a beautiful beach town with all the beautiful homes, runners, and bikers. This week was so fun...so fun. This is the first week Apollo has ridden with us on his own bike-he's super fast now and is sad when he has to get off. Also, I took a nap with Apollo the other day and woke up to Carleton making a bunch of meals on the stove for the week and then putting them in the fridge-best husband award. We had a couple game nights with friends and a lot of simple things that made each day fulfilling, biking with the kids and playing with them. Since reading Eat Pray Love, I've wanted to slow it down and enjoy my life and kids. Yesterday we found things for the kids to do while Carleton and I played card games for awhile. A chill but wonderful week. Carlton bought the new Hungry Girl cookbook for me that I wanted so I'm excited to try it out.

I am thankful to my mom. In my mind she was always so peaceful and wonderful. I never felt I could live up to this calm that my mom exuded. I found out recently that my mom worried and stressed. She said if she could have a good cry, she felt better (I rarely saw her cry). She wondered how she could get it all done...get up earlier? be more organized? Hearing this was super surprising for me and also made me feel better. My mom has always been an amazing mom and I am thankful for the good friend she is to me now. I have a new respect for her now being a mom. I never new it could be this hard. It is a job to be respected. She made growing up fun, creative, and joyful.

No comments: