Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Prayer

We're doing in vitro this week and would appreciate any prayers in our behalf. We have seen two miracles happen and are praying for a third.

Apollo just told me "you look really nice today." When I told him I loved him as he was falling asleep the other day, he said "thank you." I picked Annie up from her nap and rocked her in my arms. She snuggled into me, gave me a kiss, and snuggled back into me and did this over and over. We played hide and seek today. Apollo gets so excited to be found, he has to make little noises to make sure he gets found. All of us stayed in our pjs for a long time the other morning (they're usually dressed early in the morning) and the three of us read a million books together. We went on little bike rides as a family. We roller bladed today, stopping at a cute park we found to play. Carleton and I went out on a date and the kids had fun with their friends. Apollo sprayed paint on butcher paper at a fun "just because" party. I've been inspired by the book Eat Pray Love to really enjoy the simple beauties of life. We are surrounded by good people, perfect weather, and a beautiful area.



I went to LA on Thurs. to get an ultrasound and everything looks good. Dr. Ringler thinks the frozen embryos have a good chance of "thawing" well (he didn't use that term). They're coming out of freezing on Sunday so we'll know soon if they make it. I go in for the transfer on Tues. We've been joking how Apollo is learning about where babies come and it will be different when he compares notes with his friends some day. I've shown him the estrogen patches on my belly, talk about the medications, and doctor visits and we tell him we're trying to have a baby. The procedure itself is around 1,700 bucks and my last blood work was $160. After already spending hundreds on meds, I had to order $160 more on Thurs. I'm already on a few medications at this point in the procedure and we counted 10 medications starting tomorrow. I need to make sure to eat some with food, some can't be taken less than 4 hours from another, and some can't be taken with dairy or with other pills. I have stopped working out (I am really addicted to working out so it will be a change) for awhile to help things along. On Tuesday, I will be on bed rest and I need to take it easy for awhile afterward. It will be pushing it to lift Annie. I take a pregnancy blood test on June 1st. I have forgotten how labor intensive this is and to think it was 100 times harder when I had to grow the eggs in the first place. I have been overwhelmed by the love we feel from others. We feel that God loves us and wants us to be happy in the big scheme of things. Whether or not it means an addition to our family right now, we don't know. We are hoping so.

We bought the kids a trampoline and they love it.

We played, "Get as much laundry in the baskets as you can in 2 minutes." Here's Apollo taking his turn. We threw the laundry to him, and he tried to make it in the baskets (closer baskets are worth less points, but I guess it doesn't really matter because we didn't keep score).

Going going gone. All the kids were laughing at her (Myles and Maya were over) as she nodded off. It's been a little of an adjustment going from 2 to 1 nap.



We had Angela and Scott over with their kids for a night. It was so good to see them. Angela and I stayed up chatting until 2:30 in the morning. I love talking to such a positive mom and one that is so thoughtful about parenting. My dad came over for a few hours too. Tonight our friend Jill is coming over.


WARNING: Images might not be as beautiful as they once were. When asked what advice they got from their billionaire father (212th richest guy in the world, adventurer, and cool guy), the son replied that their father celebrated letting them make their own decisions. Even little things like picking our their own clothes. So, we've started letting Apollo pick out his own clothes. It's ok that he picks out his lime green tie-died shirt every time it's clean (the other day with church pants). I never lose him hehehe. He picks out some funny ones. I'm not into matchy-matchy but not a fan of ugly ugly. I also let him pick out a meal from my new recipe book. He was really excited about it-had fun getting the ingredients from the store-and had a blast helping me throw everything into the crock pot.

10 comments:

Jenn said...

good luck. we'll be thinkin' about you guys and praying for you. you are such an incredible mom!!

Sara G said...

Lots of prayers will be headed your way this week. I know I've told you this before, but you've always been so inspiring to me. (Can you believe it's been 10 years since we were companions?) Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We need to chat soon. Love you lots!

The Ericksons said...

We hope all goes well! It is quite a process and you are so strong! I think its funny that you mentioned that Apollo will have a different sense of where babies come from. I joke about that too because Paige thinks all babies come out of your stomach through a cut! Oh well!

Ali said...

What a big week for you! I hope it's smooth sailing. It's crazy to think all that's involved in the process.

heidi said...

You are in my prayers! Good luck, you are so brave to post about all of this!

Smittys said...

Good luck my friend!

Jodi said...

I'm so excited for you. Good luck, we are thinking of you. Call on Tuesday if you need to chat. Love you.

Tukuafu's said...

Sending love and prayers your way! LOVE YOU!!

Erin said...

Hey Robyn! Good to hear from you! I'm excited to follow your cute blogs. You probably read I am pregnant and the baby has the same diagnosis as Charlotte. Unplanned, obviously. Good luck on IVF! My little sister is IVF pregnant with twin girls due in July!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

We're praying for you. Thanks for all your openness and thoughts. Although we don't all have the same trials and challenges it's always uplifting to hear other people's experiences with trials and how they have overcome. I hope all goes well!