Sunday, May 2, 2010

Update

Carleton-Off the pain meds and back to work. Missing mountain biking, racquetball, lifting, and running. Thankful for incredible friends that helped so much.

Robyn-Got to see a family sealed in the temple with their two cute boys. Finished painting Apollo's bookshelf red (while Carleton read to me "The Lost Symbol". Bought some cute fabric for some new projects. Thankful for helpful friends. Thankful to have Carleton back(some of my friends are used to doing all the meals and cleaning but I'm married to a super helper and could never do it on my own...for very long).

Apollo-Cruising around on his bike like a champ. I got this email from Krista this week and wanted to save it -" It was a pleasure taking Apollo that day, so don't feel like you need to thank me. He is such a ball of sweetness. In fact, that day when I was getting him in the car seat he said something, and I answered him "yeah sweetness" (one of my little pet names for Grant). I didn't really mean to say it, it just sorta slipped out cause Apollo IS so sweet too".

Annie-Took first steps. Got first haircut/buzz (I was done with all the different length wisps of hair so I thought if I buzzed it, it might grow back more normal) so for the time being she'll be wearing lots of hats and bands. Still a little hurricane through the house.






I was a guest blogger for my friend, Jessica. She works in a company with her dad doing teacher trainings. Go here to check it out. Here is a response to my blog post from a substitute teacher. It made me feel great.

This really helped. I am 73 years old and for the last few years have dreaded being a sub. in HS here in Loudoun County VA. I did not appreciate the fact that the students really had a lot to share and that I was not tapping that knowledge.
However, I tried following the advice listed below last Friday at a local HS and actually had fun in class. I interacted with the students and brought them into the conversation we were having about Elie Weisel's book Night. I was truly sorry to see the day end.

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

Yikes!!! I just read the previous post. How scary. I can't even imagine. I've thought about the phone thing whereas we don't have a land line, what if I couldn't find my phone. Freaky! I'm glad everything is okay.