Sunday, June 6, 2010

Back to Basics

Thank you Thank you Thank you to everyone for all your comments, phone calls, and prayers. The morning before getting the pregnancy results from the blood test, I was looking at some blogs. The kids were right behind me when I heard Apollo "It's okay if I get my hands dirty" -this is what we say to him because he always wants his hands perfectly clean at meal time. There was mascara and liquid all-day (really it stays on for two days) lipstick all over Apollo, Annie, and the carpet. All the mascara brushes were in the lipstick containers and vice-versa. Later after music makers, I was trying to find the car keys, juggle all the stuff in my arms, and was talking to a friend in the parking lot. I couldn't see Annie and I looked under the car and saw two little feet and pulled a dirty Annie from under the car. I was so emotional that day and was really hoping for positive results, I thought this is a yucky day-and it's going to end with yucky results. We got the call at 6:30 and we still feel like we are floating on clouds. I went in to tell Apollo "I'm going to have a baby" and he said "I love your baby." When I asked if he would have a baby sister or brother, he said "a sister."

I love everything about babies-cuddling, kissing, singing to them, nursing, being along with them in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping, their smell, talking to them...everything. To celebrate I got this.





and this.


Back to Basics. I'm extremely tired and was with the first two in the first trimester. We live a simple life around here, but I really could not be happier. I can't lift the stroller and for awhile couldn't even lift Annie (I still have to be careful). I really have just been enjoying the kids. Apollo says the coolest and funniest things and I love watching Annie's loving but spunky personality develop (her newest thing is saying "all aboard!") Now that Annie is walking she has to lean over and touch each flower (even if it's super tiny)-she reminds me of my mom and her love for flowers and beauty. I feel lucky to be here for such precious moments. Our favorite time is still when Carleton comes home.




Beaching for Memorial Day.








Boy Blue. As a little guy, Apollo would play with this puzzle game but would only play over and over with the blue ones. We looked over the other day and were reminded our blue lover-just like Dad.






Kiddos after church.








Annie wearing one of my baby dresses. We all crash every Sunday. Since I'm in the primary the whole time, Daddy and Annie get to hang out for two hours just the two of them. Carleton told me today how much he loves that time.




Carleton found The BEST cookie recipe...wow. I'll post it on my other blog this week.

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Those pictures of Apollo in his Sunday clothes are SO cute. He's a charmer. And I love that Annie is wearing your dress. I'm just so pleased about your pregnancy! Hope things continue to go well. Love you!

Jordan said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is so sweet! I am very happy for you guys. Way to go!

Jacqui said...

That little gingham bonnet on Annie could not be any cuter if it tried! Adorable kids. You have such a lovely family and a good husband! You deserve every happiness in the world, Robyn. Rest easy! Love you!

Ali said...

sweetness. I love every bit of this post...and I've heard really good things about that handmade beginnings book- enjoy it! -and congrats again!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

I'm glad you splurged and got some fun things for yourself - you deserve every bit of it!! I love Apollo's church outfit, and I love Annie's dress that used to be yours. It looks brand new and in style - your mom has good taste!! I'll be waiting for that recipe. I am a sucker for chocolate chip cookies and those looked delicious!!

Anne & Brandon said...

Hey Robyn! Congrats on the pregnancy! How exciting! The dresses are so cute!

Todd and Emily said...

Robyn, I am so happy for you! Wow. another baby. I love reading your blog. Makes me miss you. Someday I'll have to meet these adorable kids of yours. Love ya.