Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fun Travels

We just got back from visiting my parents in Albuquerque for two weeks and spent another week with Carleton's family in Bear Lake.

Flight to NM. Here we were playing a game seeing how many flight workers would wave at us. Apollo was giddy getting on the plane and was super excited when the pilot came out of the cockpit and said to him "Hey, Gimme five!." He retold that story a couple times.






After the plane tried to land and couldn't, the pilot told us we would try again but that there was bad weather (we finally landed on the third try). Everyone on the plane was quiet and a little nervous after the announcement and then I hear Apollo very loudly saying "Are you KIDDING me?" Everyone around laughs and because he knew he was funny so he said it a million more times-not so funny.


Playing in the yard. Apollo and Annie had a blast with the rocks and water (ooohhhh for a yard!).







Monkeys at the zoo.




Oo oo ee ee.


Annie held out as long as she could.


Fun with Uncle Jord.





I had to laugh as Jord really fixed the bike and Apollo took random tools and twisted them around on different parts of the bike. At least he looked the part.






Chimayo with Mom. We went to a very old church that has some "healing dirt" that I heard magically replenishes itself. I put some in a gum container for the next time I get sick. Maybe I should give Annie a teaspoon of it since she has a little cold-hehe.




Cactus juice-yummy. We ate at a delish restaurant by the church.



After Chimayo, we went to Santa Fe to look at the galleries.




Vintage Goodies. Mom and I went around to different thrift stores looking for some cool finds. I'm working on a craft project where I need old earrings. I found a couple cool old purses (one for Annie), some books (I like to scan the retro pictures for different things), and Apollo had fun because I would let him pick out some toys. In one of the shops a girl showed us her puppies next door. The kids loved them.







Shop til you drop.




Harley ride with Dad. Soooo fun.




Bear Lake


James did some magic tricks for the kids.





Crafts with the girls.



4 wheelers. We took some fun trails around the mountains.




Hot tub. Sometimes it was standing room only.



Annie likes her grandpas.



Cool cave. We went on a tour through a cave in Bear Lake that was so open and long-very beautiful.




Firsts.

Apollo went skiing. I have more pics from this weekend on other cameras so I'll post them later. So fun to watch such a tiny guy out there. He got a little nervous out there but because everyone cheered and was so happy, he has a good memory of it.

Annie is so cute when she tries to express herself. Over the trip, she started grabbing my face with both hands to turn my head back when I would look at Apollo or someone else. Then, she would continue telling (babbling) her story.

Apollo starts his first day of school on Thursday. I'll be starting a preschool with Apollo and four of his buddies. I've worked really hard on preparing some fun things for the kids. I've gone overboard with everything but I love to do it.

5 comments:

Josh and Heidi Balling said...

Fun! We have missed seeing your blog every week. It looks like you will be needing to get a little puppy! xoxo

Sara G said...

Wow Robyn all of those pictures are so breathtaking! Especially the ones of your beautiful kids! Annie is stunning...I miss you. I wish we lived close so my girls could play with Apollo and be a part of your amazing pre-school class. You really are an inspiring lady. Love ya!

Michelle C said...

Dude! How could you go to Bear Lake and not stop by and say hi. I mean, you basically drive right past our house. I'm just about offended! Looks like fun time.

Jodi said...

Hey robyn, cute post! It was great to see you guys. Miss you already

Rachael said...

Wait...Bear Lake as in Utah Bear Lake?? Dang! We missed you guys. Not that we would rob family time. But let us know if you ever have a free afternoon/evening if you're back in town. Would love to have you guys over for dinner...