Sunday, October 2, 2011

Welcome Halloween


We love Halloween and even decorated the house early last week. We started quite awhile ago with Christmas projects. Apollo has started making ornaments, Annie's gifts are mostly bought, stockings are being made, Carleton and I bought some Christmas decorations, and I have a craft table in my living room full of gifts I'm working on. This is a fun time of year. With all that's going on, it makes the wait to meet baby easier.



















While Apollo is away at preschool, Annie and I have started playing school and she loves it! We're doing a letter of the week including learning games and fun activities. This week, along with our learning activities, we're going to "bike" for letter B.



























We have this bowl on our kitchen floor. Annie's spider is growing and Apollo's dinosaur is hatching. There are funny little projects and kid things all around the house (like any house with kiddos). I walked by the bowl and was saddened for a minute thinking that some day my house won't be full of kids and kid things. I felt better thinking, that I'll always be a mother, and some day a grandma etc. even after I die...I'll always be a mom. I love being a mother and feel great joy every day teaching, playing, laughing, being an example, reading, and planning fun things to do or ways to be a better mom. Maybe I'm being a pregnant sappy mom, but I'm a happy mom. I'm really enjoying this stage of my life.





















Annie and Apollo have been bike riding a lot this week (even in the house for awhile). We just got Annie a big girl bike not to long ago and she's a pro now and can do it all by herself (even getting off it to turn the bike around to come back to the house). She is very independent with everything. She proved to be pretty coordinated in what she does, including gymnastics. I was thinking this week about how the kids are potty-trained, can buckle themselves in the car (besides the bottom buckle for Annie), can dress themselves...so I think it's time for a new one to start up everything again. We are all getting so excited to meet our little baby. He is already very much loved.






We watched general conference this weekend (where the leaders of our church speak to the world twice a year). Apollo colored each leader as they spoke.











Elder Cook talked about loved ones passing away and how people are saddened by missed opportunities or talents that cannot be shared. He quoted 1 Corinthians 2:9 "...Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." I know that my mom is sad that my sister, Amberly is missing out on all the wonderful things my family does and that she is not a part of right now. Elder Cook's talk gave me comfort as he talked about the great joy that will one day come. I believe she is in a place of beauty, love, and light and I know it will be a great day when we can be with her. I have been inspired by so many messages this week and want to put some things into action.

4 comments:

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

You're a great mom, Robyn, and a great example. Thanks for sharing your joy - it helps me to keep things in the right perspective.

Jodi said...

You house looks cute. I must be fun to decorate a new space.

Rachael said...

Love the Halloween stuff! We love Halloween even more than Christmas. Miss you guys.

Jacqui said...

I have been far, far away from blogland for awhile now and am just catching up. I love how you express your love of motherhood--I always knew you'd be a fabulous mom. And do enjoy it because I tell you, it is so true what "they" always say--it goes WAY too fast! My baby just turned four. My oldest is about to turn 12. I am mourning right now--mourning being a young mama of young children. We watched a home video of our two youngest when the baby was brand new and McQueen was not even two. The girls kept saying, "This is way too sad! I can't watch this! Just one more baby, Mom, please!" And it breaks my heart that I won't be doing it again. I am pretty sure I am done, but it is so tempting to overstretch myself to the breaking point just to snuggle our newborn creation again, to see what a new baby would look like.

My new goal: be the best grandma on the planet. I had my first baby at 23. If my oldest even sort of follows in my footsteps, I could easily be a grandma in the next 11-12 years. That is crazy!!