Sunday, September 25, 2011

What we're up to

Carleton: Mountain bikes twice a week, plays racquetball once a week, rock climbs once a week, and works out at the gym all before the rest of the family wakes up. He showers at LA Fitness and then is off to work. We still see him at the same time every day even with his commute. He's been working hard on the yard and is ready to put a lawn in. He has been kind enough to paint furniture for me since I can't until the baby comes.

Robyn: I started teaching piano lessons to three cute kiddos and play for primary kids in church. I work out at the gym while the kids go to Kid's Club-but have had to quit running-doesn't feel so great anymore. I'm still working on projects for Ignited, my teacher training company and hope to get out and do some trainings after the baby comes. Always crafting and thinking of ways to be a better mom. Lately, I've been thinking of ways to streamline my life so I can spend time doing things I really love.

Apollo: Is loving preschool and his buddies. He loves learning-super sponge and is an artist. He can play with Legos or Melty Beads forever. Always our dare devil and loves to be goofy and laugh. He's in soccer right now. He's a great reader. I love the way he treats Annie so kindly (most of the time) and is such a good good boy. I really enjoy his company. He had plans to be a bat for Halloween...until he saw the Lightning McQueen costume.

Annie: Loves gymnastics and does a really good job-she's pretty coordinated. We have enjoyed cooking, playing, reading, and sewing together. She is thriving with some alone time but also really enjoys preschool when the coop is at our house. She get right in and does everything with the big kids. Annie will hug and kiss me and ask "do you like my huges...do you like my kisses." She is full of energy and never stops (like Dad). She has a great sense of humor. She loves books, playing Go Fish, playing Legos, and laughing with Apollo. Both kids enjoy their bikes.

Baby Boy: Moving more and more. He is adored by his siblings. Annie loves to hug and talk to him.


Highlight of the week: We checked out a Chinese book last week where a little boy was taught "how are you?" in Chinese. Apollo and Annie loved bowing and saying "ni hao ma". We went out for Chinese last night and the kids loved doing it for anyone who would listen. Our waiter and hostess loved it.

The kids have been sewing bean bags. I had my sewing machine out making Christmas stockings.


Apollo got dressed up and asked if I wanted to take a picture.



Irvine Park Field Trip

The Train.







Bounce House.













There was a little haunted house. The kids were intrigued (and a little scared) by the sound detection witch and would yell "Boo."

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Cute pics! Love all the updates...