Sunday, March 29, 2009

Surf's Up

My brother, Jordan, came to visit us for his spring break so we showed him around. We went climbing, surfing, to the Getty Museum, out for great food, etc.



Here, Carol is giving Jord and Carleton some surfing lessons.






Apollo was Jordan's little buddy. Apollo's playing with Jord's hair in this pic.


Annie was Jord's buddy too. She loves getting her back rubbed. I posted some more pics of Annie because she is changing so much.





ANY IDEAS?
PLEASE HELP. Got any advice on adjusting to two kids? I would love to hear it. Apollo is usually the sweetest little guy and so fun to be around. Since Annie was born, he wants to be held more often (where before he had to walk by himself) and is more whiny and needy. Is this just a phase?

3 comments:

Tara said...

You are amazing! I can't believe how much energy you have after just having a baby!
I remember feeling like life wasn't back to "normal" until about 9 months after I had my second. Another child is a huge adjustment and especially for siblings. Now I've forgotten how hard it was and mostly remember the good memories. I do remember going from child to child trying to give them equal attention but that's almost impossible at this stage. Feeding time was the hardest :-) so I'd try to make up fun games or read books to keep Ethan busy and happy while I was feeding Dallas. Hang in there! You are doing great!

Lacey said...

That picture of Apollo and Annie is so sweet! I'm sure Apollo just going through a phase.

Lisa said...

i don't have two kids but i have LOTS of friends and sisters in law who do. it IS a stage. he is trying to get the attention he had before she was born. i know when we thought we were having #2, we'd talk lots about daddy time in the evening and mommy time when daddy can watch the baby...things like that. keep up the one-on-one with him and he'll be satisfied :) good luck!