Sunday, April 5, 2009

House Hunting

Carleton here - we found a house we really like yesterday while out in Corona. None of the cookie cutters on 0.0000056 acres really interested us much - all beat up, mostly foreclosures - so our realtor suggested we look at a 100-year-old home that had been beat up and was a foreclosure. Brilliant man. It's a major piece of work, but the fun part is that it's big, it has character, it's cheap, and it's on a big lot. Did we mention cheap? 75 bucks a square foot in California is unheard of. I guess not having a front door, missing some windows, having no carpet to speak of, missing hinges, all the kitchen cupboards (need I go on?) was a turn-off to everyone else. We're hopeful we can get it, but if not, the search will continue...


Apollo asked if he could hold Annie - how cute is that?



Annie's really filling out (not something to say to her when she gets older) - she's getting cuter every day!Robyn's friend Aileen turned 30, so we celebrated with her at a yummy Italian restaurant near the Venice Beach pier - O&C's Trattoria - they had the best little butter garlic rolls - I think I ate 20 or so.

12 comments:

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Wow, it sure looks pretty from the outside! Flip this House here we come!! But you can't beat the price I guess. Annie really is so adorable. I can't wait to see her in person.

Lacey said...

Good luck to you guys! Hope it all works out. Apollo and Annie are so cute!

Kami said...

I LOVE the house. It definitely has character. Annie is adorable! Congratulations!

Tukuafu's said...

Love the house! Totally looks like a Copa project! Annie is adorable! Can I squeeze Apollo please??

Callie said...

Hey! I kind of lurk and keep track of you and your cute little family. Miss you. Just caught up with Audrey a little bit.

Anyhow, your kids are super cute, I like your craft blog, and I'm super jealous of the house!!! I'm looking to buy here in Oregon, and I'd jump all over that house, too, if I were you! :)

Tara said...

What a great house! I hope it works out!

Jacqui said...

That house is totally cool. I heart old houses with character. The new ones have pretty much ZERO. Someday I want to add character by building things that old houses have--woodwork, cool windows, built-ins.

And whatever it doesn't have cupboards. Those cupboards rock! Haha. At least they are still there. You'd have to just get doors for 'em.

Best!

Jenn said...

I'm adjusting...it's been harder than I anticipated, but it's getting better each day. I think the hardest part for me is expecting too much of myself when my time is being spread so thin.

How are you? If you do get this house it looks like you guys have your work cut out for you!

BTW, I love your creative blog that you started. You amaze me!

Sara G said...

What a great looking house, it looks like it has alot of potential. Good luck! And love the pic of Apollo holding Annie. They are both soooo cute!

Michelle C said...

We've been doing a little of the same thing. The house looks cute. Any word yet?

Brandon and Hayley Gordon said...

sorry its taken a while to respond to your comment. the pic up top was made in photo software that came with my printer. i just made a photo collage and then saved it as a jpg. then uploaded it to that section of my blog. im pretty sure that every type of photo mangagement software can make a collage right? good luck! the house looks great, hope you get it! XOXO

Rachael said...

Wait! - so is this the house you're getting?? I think it's darling - has character. Definitely will need some work - but it has promise!