Sunday, July 5, 2009

Let Freedom Ring

I had the best fourth of July I've ever had in my whole life! Here's how the day went.


1. Carleton and I ran in a 5k race in the morning pushing the kids in the stroller.

2. We decorated the stroller. Apollo (and Annie) was in a parade where the kids are the main event. They throw candy to the people on the side.


3. Awesome Fireworks. We watched them from Carol's house. She lives on the beach and the fireworks were done on the pier.


4. Lobster. Carol went all out for my birthday and the 4th. She had decorations and great food.

5. Carleton got Wii Fit so I'm excited to try it out.

Here's our little 4th of July beauty.

Here's the fruit pizza I made. You can check it out on my other blog.

Apollo has been up during the nights and we couldn't figure out why. He's usually an incredible sleeper. He didn't have an appetite but not really much else to go on. We took him to the Dr. and he said he has hand-foot-mouth-probably from the nursery. He has big sores on his mouth. The Motrin has been helping. Carleton and I are ready for more sleep.

Annie had her 4 month apt. She is in the 75 percentile for height and head and 83rd for weight. We're glad her height is catching up to her weight. I've been waking her up before I go to bed to give her a last feeding but the Dr. said she doesn't need it. So, she'll go almost 12 hours without eating. She such a low maintenance babe.

Here are videos of Annie's new noises and Apollo singing with me.

7 comments:

Heidi Copa said...

Annie and Apollo are ready to sing a duet! They are just darling, and so loving--you are super parents and doing a wonderful job of raising our dear darling grandkids! Thank you!
Love to all---Gramma xoxox :~)

Lisa said...

looks like you had a fabulous 4th! also, i hope you had a great birthday - can you believe i still think of each of our roomies on their birthdays? good memory, i tell ya ;)

melbel said...

Wow, you did your 5K with a stroller?!? I could barely lug myself across the finish line, let alone two kiddos!

I love all the festivities!

Tukuafu's said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad you had a good weekend.. that Annie is too cute! I just want to squeeze her!!

Michelle C said...

Oh man. So many things to comment on. Way cute mobile for Annie. So creative. Darling 4th of July outfit. Can't believe you have Apollo rock climbing. Take that back. Totally believe you do! Sounds like a busy crazy 4th. Tell me how the Wii Fit is. I'd love to know. Looks likea yummy pizza. Love the singing video of you Robyn! :) Annie's noises... so cute!

Jen said...

Okay, this is a way random comment on your post! I see that you have a double bob stroller. How do you like it? I was debating on getting one or a Phil and Ted's.

Mandy said...

I can't believe how big your babies are getting!!! It seems like just yesterday that we were kidless (and our houses were spotless!) Now our families are growing rapidly! Isn't it wonderful! I'm so glad to see that everything is going so great for you guys. We miss you!