Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dream Vacation

We had our yearly get together with Carleton's family. It really was a dream vacation!! Carleton and I took the kids for runs (in their stroller) in the mornings and explored the beautiful area. The cabin/palace was beautiful and huge-right on the lake. We had our own dock to take the boat out wakeboarding or go swimming. There were fireworks over the water on the weekend. They had a little gym where I worked out and chatted with my sisters-in-law. Annie and Apollo had a little "cave" room so we could play while they were sleeping too. It was awesome because we could work on crafts one minute and the next be outside doing something fun. The grandparents took the kids for a night so we could have a group date night. They are very brave people to take on so many little kids! So fun. So beautiful.




The kids had fun on the boat after convincing Annie that she liked her jacket. One morning Apollo woke up and the first thing he said was "boat". He had his first try getting up on the skiboard-we'll have to try again later.







We found some fun natural pools and slides.



Yosemite.






We did a lot of fun crafts-magnets, hair clips, and beads. We had some fun crafts for the kids-fruit loop necklaces, paper plate faces using stuff we found outside, and leaf impressions. Check out my other blog to look at the crafts.



We had vouchers for the restaurant where we got delish breakfasts for almost free.


We're already looking forward to next year.

5 comments:

Ali said...

It DOES sound like a dream!! I love your nature faces...So great!

Lisa said...

your kids are so cute. looks like you had a really fun trip and you look SOOOO happy!

Jody said...

So fun! That is one thing that I've loved about you and tried to incorporate into our own family, that you are still active and include your kids in all the adventures. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I miss you too! I can honestly say that we had the best group of friends over at Vivante. Your kids are too cute! One of these days it would be fun to meet up again. Too bad we literally live on opposite ends of the country. Always keep in touch!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness Apollo looks like such a little boy in his towel. What a fun trip! Where was it? What a fun trip...

Jacqui said...

How great! I love it all. I sounds wonderful. That picture of a couch full of (mostly) little boys...oh, my son would be in HOG HEAVEN!!