Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Apollo!!

My little man is 2! He had a fun birthday party with all his little friends. They decorated cupcakes and haunted houses, read Halloween stories, cut a pumpkin and spider cake, and got their faces painted. Thanks for all your help Carol, Callie, Katie, and Grandma Copa. It's been so hard for Apollo being surrounded by candy. He would say, "how 'bout this one, Robyn" and have a bag of M&Ms in his hand. He got tired of hearing, "it's for your birthday".



He is having a lot of fun playing with his toys.




Here's Apollo last October "helping" me carve a pumpkin.

Here he is this year painting his own pumpkin. I love this little man. I really enjoy his company-his humor, energy, brains, hugs, kisses, funny phrases-I feel very blessed to be his mom.



Annie loves Katie and kept looking up at her. Here are our pals that watched Apollo grow from just a little nugget.


Here is my crocheting group. We have so much fun. A lot of them work with Carleton. It's so fun to chat and by the end of the night I feel like I accomplish something too. They are so creative and I leave full of ideas.


About 30 minutes ago, Apollo said he wanted to go potty. We took off his diaper and he went pee in the potty!! He was just beaming. He could tell how proud I was of him. We were planning on potty training him earlier but have been so busy the past few months and I really wanted to dedicate 3 days and nights to potty training him-well, I guess the time is now. He is wearing his big boy underwear and is taking his first nap without a diaper. I need to finish reading my potty training book. We'll see how it goes???

8 comments:

Smittys said...

Addy saw this and yelled out, POLLO!

Jen said...

How fun! Can you even believe that two years has gone by?? Happy Birthday Apollo!!

Tamara Skenandore said...

Dear Rob. Wow you went all out for Apollos birthday. I wish I could have been there to see Apollo and Little Annie. I don't see them enough. Love ya, mom

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Wow, looks like such a fun birthday!! Good luck with the potty training - he's such a big boy!!

JaNae said...

Hey Robyn, that looks like an amazing party! Wow! What a great mom you are....and happy birthday to Apollo!

Michelle C said...

Just catching up on your family. Looks like lots of fun... like always. Such a great familY! We wish you lived closer.

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday Apollo!!! Looks like a fun party.

Lisa said...

Good luck with the potty training! That's impressive - kyson was 3yrs 3mos when he finally was potty trained :P Happy Birthday to your little man!