Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

This has been a busy month with so many Halloween activities starting off with Apollo's party and ending with a get together today with cake and goodies. Apollo has been in heaven-surrounded by candy.





Happy birthday, Jill. Here the girls are trying out her new bands.







Here's Annie in a dress that I wore when I was little. We were just talking tonight about how she gets prettier and prettier.


Apollo had a fun time trick-or-treating. Last year he was in a stroller and would take the candy from people but this year he walked around and had a lot of fun looking at the decorated homes. He had a hard time putting candy in his bag because he always wanted to eat it-my mom said we did the same thing when we were little. Annie stole the show as our little angel. She loves people and always gives a big smile and puts her hands out to them. One time, we were surrounded with high school girls all adoring Annie-asking her name, age, and talking to her. After leaving them, I got all teary-eyed. I loved teaching high school and love being around that age of kids.



Carleton's new love. I'm not sure if I come first or second. He's been looking for a nice mountain bike for awhile and found a steal off Craig's list. He's going biking with a few guys in the morning.


We took a test run out with the kids. We had a long talk about what makes us happy and we know that we have to do things we love and that by doing so we will be better parents and a better spouse. Carleton loves racquetball and riding and I'm glad he's doing both. He has a racquetball tournament coming up this week.

12 comments:

Smittys said...

Scary costumes! Annis is adorable. i love having a kid so I can have fun trick or treating too! Or like Addy says " A treat" and doesn't want a trick!

Jacqui said...

Boy your kiddos are cute. And your Annie is a doll! Great pics. I just went private. I thought you were already a reader, but I sent an invite to what I think is your email! If you don't get it, let me know at jjaoee at gmail dot com.

XO

Jodi said...

That family photo will be the perfect one for the Copa Chronicle this year. I looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun!

Jody said...

Great costumes! I have to say that one of my most favorite Halloween parties was our Fear Factor one in WV...Clint and I still laugh about it! Aaaahhh the good ol' days!

Brandon and Hayley Gordon said...

What cute kids! I know what you mean about teenagers! I think thats the reason that I still coach track....they give me my fix :) I miss teaching sometimes, but then I look at London and remember why Im not :) How is California treating you? gonna stay forever?

Ali said...

Your angel looks too perfect to be with a bunch of vampires!! Wow, you guys really got dressed up! You look great!

melbel said...

Oh my heavens! No wonder Annie stole the show...look at that smiley girl! Way to get in the halloween spirit! You guys look great in those costumes.

Lisa said...

Ok, one thing I will NEVER forget about you is your love for costumes :) When I saw all your way cute Halloween decor, I was waiting for the actual costumes :) LOVE that carleton is the same way - way way cute :)

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Love your costumes!! You guys look great! I love the last picture of the kids in the bike trailer - so fun!!

Rachael said...

You guys look great! And Annie definitely is so beautiful - love her costume and the little pink outfit that is from your childhood. Good luck in the biking!

Anjanette said...

HEY! I haven't checked your blog in SOOO long! Your kids are huge.

Tara said...

What cute kids you have! You are such a fun person, Robyn! I wish we lived closer- I think I could use some of your energy!