Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sweet Land of Liberty

We had a fun fourth celebrating at Carleton's parents' house near San Francisco with the Avalos and Harp families.

Before we left, Apollo's playgroup celebrated Halley's 3rd birthday.


Did some wake boarding.




Annie loved "driving" the boat.



Saw the San Francisco sights.





Always glad to be home too. Kids are giving Carleton the tickle torture.


I celebrated my birthday yesterday and had the opportunity to think about how grateful I am. I'm also looking forward to a fun year-training for a triathlon, among other things. I have been super thankful for all the help through this hard time. I have realized that everyone is unique with different talents and gifts and these have helped me feel peace, hope, and joy. I am thankful for friends that have gone through miscarriages that have given me great insights and for those that have not that have helped or were just there for me. I was given a blessing that friends would help through the struggle and at that time I thought I was pregnant and wondered what that meant. Now I know and I am thankful.

5 comments:

melbel said...

Happy Birthday Robyn! I adore you. :)

Lisa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! i had it on my calendar :)

You made me jealous with your SF trip! Where do they live? LOVE the sight-seeing. It's the best place ever.

I love your positive thoughts and upbeat attitude about trials and how unique your testimony is. I am still here for you if you wanna talk but it sounds like you're doing pretty well. It's a tough thing to go through but the Lord is watching out for you and loves you :)

I love you too :)

Jodi said...

I love Apollo and his sun glasses, so cute.

Happy birthday!!!

Todd and Emily said...

Robyn,
I haven't visited you blog in a while and was shocked to read about your miscarriage! How devastating. As always, you seem to view life's hardships through to optimism of a gospel perspective. I think of Joshua 1:9 when I read about your testimony. I have to tell you that there is this super fun girl in my ward, Francesca Damiano Forsyth. Damiano is her maiden name. Anyway, we made the connection on a girls night out that Carelton was in her ward in Concord growing up. Just a fun little connection that I wanted to pass on. I love looking at your pics and wish that we were hung out more after you were married so that I could get to know Carelton better! Love ya.

Ruff Family said...

Robyn,
I wished you a happy birthday on facebook, sorry I didn't call. I've been looking at my mission pics trying to get them organized. I have one of you in a red towel after you fell getting out of the shower- remember that? Triathlons are great- word of advice. Do the brick workouts and a couple open water swims before the race. you are incredible.
Jan