Sunday, October 24, 2010

Apollo's BFF

Apollo and Donny are kindred spirits. I have never seen better buddies, especially so young. They talk about each other constantly when they're apart. They played together almost every day until he and his family moved to Corona a couple of weeks ago. Suzana said Donny has a pretend Apollo that he plays with and said, "Mommy, Apollo's chasing me". I got an email from Suzana saying "Today Donny had imaginary Apollo over again. he said Apollo was wearing a firefighter hat just like him "You see Mommy?" I wanted to cry."

The other day we met Suzana and the kids at the park, and when Apollo saw Donny, he gave him a hug. When they went by there later, Donny said, "That's where Apollo gave me a hug."

Donny is part of many conversations during the day. He misses his buddy. He's excited for his first sleep over this week at his house. He's happy that he still sees Donny during preschool. Last wee during music time they grabbed each others songs and twirled around together.

Here are some memories I have of the two: both being sensitive at the park when others would take toys or whatever when they were younger, peeing together-they love to pee together (we've had to stop them in the middle of a soccer park, middle of a birthday party)-they would hold it forever and we could get them to go after being potty trained if they went together-they are in my church nursery together and Marlon (his dad and a primary leader) said they do everything together-play cars etc. the whole time-they would have to sit right by each other, they copy each other (even when they don't understand what the other said-they still try to copy each other and it comes out funny sometimes), them jumping on the couch during his 2nd birthday party, having to be quiet because their "BooTwos" were sleeping, filling ears with chocolate...I could go on and on.

Suzana did an amazing job with these photos. She has a great eye. Enjoy the engagement-like photos:)

























a





ith





6 comments:

Marlon and Suzana said...

Lol! I just posted about those two as well! Donny keeps talking about Apollo coming to spend the night, he can't wait!

Ali said...

Awesome pictures! Those two look too fun together...that's great that they are such besties:)

Kimberly said...

Such cute pictures of the buddies! Zachary still calls Jacob (his cousin) his best buddy -we sure miss Cameo and her family! It sounds like you're all having fun adventures - wish we could have seen you when you came to UT!

Jen said...

Ha ha, that is way too cute! I'm glad he has such a good little buddy! I had one when I was little and I still remember her (even though she moved away when I was 3).

Rachael said...

The black and white photos look so timeless. Wish I could get frames like that of my kids...

Smittys said...

So cute!