Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Apollo

3 Years Old!!

We love being with Apollo every day and are really enjoying this fun age. Here's what we know so far about our little man:
-He said today to Annie, "you're my best friend, you're my best friend." He and Annie play really we together and she adores her big brother.
-I asked him just now who his best friend is and without hesitation said "Big Donny". He loves Donny and talks about him all the time. I have never seen such cute buddies.
-Carleton said "he is very polite, always saying please and thank you"
-He's happy
-Very Helpful
-Loves bike riding and adores Dad. He loves anything his dad does-working with tools etc.
-He knows and recognizes all his upper and lower case letters and recognizes their sounds. I think he's ready to start reading
-Loves chapter books. We've read Charlotte's Web, Treasure Island, and we've read 11 Magic Tree House Books
-Loves to snuggle
-Makes us laugh
-Carleton said, "He is a genius, linguistically gifted, very good at expressing himself for his age"
-Loves preschool-the learning and the friends part
-Loves to sing
-Likes to hear stories but also tells us stories (they're funny)
-Likes to make up songs and likes us to make up songs to sing to him
-We play lots of games-the question game (we take turns asking each other questions), I spy, Jenga,Candy Land, etc.
-Says funny things all day long-I try to record them but if I did all of them, I would be writing all day long
-likes puzzles, cars
-we tried taking off his training wheels a couple months ago but isn't quite ready-has fun on his scooter
-Funny, great memory
-We have tons of dance parties, sometimes on beds, the trampoline, or just around-he's so cute when he's dancing around
-very thoughtful-always telling me and Annie we're pretty or what we're wearing is pretty and that Carleton is handsome. Today he held me tight after I went out in the rain and told me he was warming me up.
-He's not high maintenance in the car or in general. We really enjoy his company and love being around him. We feel incredibly blessed to have him as our son.
-He has a really long attention span
-Likes art-likes to paint wooden cars and glue them together, to paint anything



Interview with Apollo:

What are your favorite things? Making cookies, playing and reading books, going to bed (since when??), making play dough out of scary things, playing toys, playing doctor, playing cars, looking at that picture that Grandma painted for me, snuggling with a dog when you're going to sleep and everybody's not talking but Annie is (this happened this morning)

What is your favorite thing to eat? Cheese and dinner and a sandwich, (he just pointed up at our Halloween stuff and said, "those are gorgeous")

What do you like about preschool? I want to play with toys, it's really impressed for me

Favorite Song? ABCs

Favorite thing to do with Daddy? Ride Bikes

Favorite thing to do with mommy? I like to play trucks with her

Favorite thing to do with Annie? Play with her when she plays with toys

Favorite thing to do with Donny? I like to play at his house

Does anything scare you? No. There are no monsters. Just people that give us candy (he must be thinking about Trick-or Treating).

2 comments:

Ali said...

What a cutie!!...and a smart 3 year old too. I love the little interview you did. I can't wait until Evan can tell me what's going on in his head of his!

Jenn said...

happy birthday apollo! Time is flying! He sounds like such a smart little guy! and funny too.