Saturday, October 2, 2010

Moab with the boys

Carleton here - last weekend I went to Moab with Brad and Seth to introduce them to the greatest trails on earth. We didn't get out of LA until 7 or so on Thursday, so it was a long night...we slept for two hours at a rest stop in the mountains above Richfield. Brad and Seth both loved Moab, and I rode harder and better than I ever have in my life, especially on the last trail of the trip, the Hazard County to Porcupine trails. I'd never done the top half of the trail, and it was SO amazing...you're going to love it, Josh. It was the best ride of my life and I can't wait to do it again.

P.S. I just bought Robyn a bike yesterday, so now she'll be ready to roll and I'm sure she'll be doing the big hit jumps in just a few weeks.

Big flat landing jump on lower Porcupine. I hit a little too much on the front tire, but the bike is kind, so no problem.



Start of Slickrock, still the most famous mountain biking trail in the world.


One of many viewpoints on Amasa Back - just a great trail.


One of the jumps on Sovereign.


One of the views on Upper Porcupine - we rode along a cliff for several miles, sometimes just a few feet from the edge as we went down...so fun.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Carleton - looks like an amazing trip. I always get so nervous when Greg comes home from these same bike excursions and shows me these drop offs and steep cliffs. Glad you got back safely...